Discuss the risks and benefits involved in applications of genetic and genomic science.
Scientific developments can be used in a lot of different ways that impact our lives. In this outcome, we’ll learn about the risks and benefits of genomic science.
What You’ll Learn to Do
- Outline how genetic information is used in personal identification.
- Discuss medical uses of genetic information and the potential benefits and risks of this.
- Outline the potential benefits and risks associated with agricultural uses of biotechnology.
The learning activities for this section include the following:
- Reading: Genetic Information Used for Identification
- Reading: Medical Uses of Genetic Information
- Reading: Genomics in Agriculture
- Self Check: Risks and Benefits of Genomic Science