Explain how DNA stores genetic information.
In this outcome, you will learn describe the double helix structure of DNA: its sugar-phosphate backbone of ladder with nitrogenous base “rungs” of ladder.
What You’ll Learn to Do
- Diagram the structure of DNA.
- Relate the structure of DNA to the storage of genetic information.
- Explain how DNA packaging in both eukaryotic and prokaryotic cells protects genetic information.
The learning activities for this section include the following:
- Reading: Structure of DNA
- Reading: Genetic Information
- Reading: DNA Packaging in Eukaryotes and Prokaryotes
- Self Check: Storing Genetic Information