Summarize the process of genetic translation.
RNA undergoes genetic translation, a process that produces proteins.
What You’ll Learn to Do
- Outline the basic steps of translation.
- Describe the composition and role of ribosomes in translation, focusing on rRNA.
- Understand the role of tRNA in translation.
- Describe a codon and how they are used in translation.
- Describe how proteins may be modified after translation.
The learning activities for this section include the following:
- Reading: Steps of Translation
- Reading: Ribosomes
- Reading: tRNA
- Reading: Codons
- Reading: Protein Modifications
- Self Check: Translation