Understand chromosome structure and organization in eukaryotic cells.
In this outcome, we will discuss autosomes and sex chromosomes and the differences between the two as well as how cells package DNA.
What You’ll Learn to Do
- Differentiate between two kinds of chromosomes: autosomes and sex chromosomes.
- Understand how DNA is protected and compacted inside cells.
The learning activities for this section include the following:
- Reading: DNA and Chromosomes
- Reading: Chromosome Structure
- Self Check: Types of Chromosomes