Why relate DNA structure to the process of DNA replication?
DNA is responsible for all the physical traits that make you function as a human organism. It plays a vital role in life on this planet. DNA stores genetic information. In a sense, it is a type of biological hard drive. Your DNA is unique to you. Personalized medicine is a growing area of medicine that utilizes your genetic uniqueness. Understanding DNA can help a doctor prescribe medicine and treatments that are tailored to your individual needs, based on how your body will metabolize drugs or respond to treatment options.
Here are just a few treatments that benefit from personalization:
- Personalized medicine treatments
- Blood clot treatments
- Colorectal cancer treatments
- Breast cancer treatments
Read on to see how genotyping and genetic sequences actually work.
- Explain how DNA stores genetic information.
- Explain the role of complementary base pairing in the precise replication process of DNA.
- Recognize the impact of DNA mutations.