Why explain the metabolic pathways involved in the capture and release of energy in cells?
All living creatures need energy, and they get it in different ways. Two of these ways are photosynthesis and cellular respiration. What role does farming play in giving us energy to use every day? How do plants get energy to grow, and how do we then get our energy from them?
Watch this 5 minute video for an overview of why even small changes in the global climate have the potential for big impacts on our daily lives through our food sources.
Ok, let’s see where we get all the energy to stay awake during biology class!
- Understanding metabolic reactions and the function of enzymes.
- Understand the role movement of electrons plays in energy exchanges in cells.
- Identify the basic components and steps of photosynthesis.
- Identify the reactants and products of cellular respiration and where these reactions occur in a cell.
- Illustrate the basic components and steps of fermentation.