By the end of this lesson, you will be able to:
- Determine whether a relation represents a function.
- Find the value of a function.
- Determine whether a function is one-to-one.
- Use the vertical line test to identify functions.
- Graph the functions listed in the library of functions.
A jetliner changes altitude as its distance from the starting point of a flight increases. The weight of a growing child increases with time. In each case, one quantity depends on another. There is a relationship between the two quantities that we can describe, analyze, and use to make predictions. In this section, we will analyze such relationships.