Write a research question to perform your own analysis of descriptive statistics.
Perform your own descriptive statistical analysis of quantitative data by asking a research question and designing a survey or poll to collect data. Make up your own question or choose one of the questions listed below. After you have chosen your question, complete the following.
- Ask 30 respondents the question and record each answer.
- Store your data in a spreadsheet.
- Obtain a list of descriptive statistics including mean, median, mode, skewness, range, low value, high value, and standard deviation.
- Construct a histogram using 5 or 6 class intervals.
- Construct a Frequency Table
- Describe the shape of the histogram.
- Construct a 5 number summary
- Construct a box plot
- What does the shape of the box plot tell you about tthe center, and the spread of the data?
- Are there any outliers?
- Discuss potential limitations of your study.
- Discuss potential future studies that could be performed based on your limitations and findings.
Possible research questions include:
- How many pairs of shoes do you own?
- How many hours of sleep did you get last night?
- How much did you spend on lunch yesterday?
- What is your height in inches?
- What is your shoe size?