For this activity, you are required to attend a concert and write a review following the instructions below. A Word document of this assignment can be downloaded here.
Concert Review Guidelines
Please include the following:
- A brief biography on one of the composers of a particular piece or song included in the concert.
- A review of the concert going into detail on descriptions of specific pieces via each of the elements of music. Use musical terms learned in class.
LENGTH: 1 full page, single spaced/ 12-14 size font or 2 full pages double spaced/l2-14 size font.
MARGINS: Must be reasonable standard margins.
1) Headings are to take up no more than 6 single spaced lines; however, feel free to have a title page if you would like.
2) Headings will include your name, date, my name, MUS 121, and Concert Review # on front page of papers.
WRITING SKILLS: Strong college level writing skills are expected on each paper.
PROGRAMS: Your paper must be accompanied by a program or ticket to receive credit. Please scan a program or a ticket and email to the instructor.
To find a performance to attend:
- Look in the Preview Section of Thursday’s Virginian Pilot under the Classical Music heading. The Beacon and Clipper will list some performances.
- Check the online arts calendar at www.artsongupdate.org/calendar. You may subscribe for free and automatically receive weekly notices.
- Look in Portfolio Magazine.
- Listen to WHRO FM, 90.3 for announcements.