Throughout this section we’ve looked at the most common methods types for human subjects (surveys, observations, and interviews) in WRIT 250, but below you will find links that detail other types of methods. Remember that the best choice of method(s) depends on your research question and what you want answered. You should not let the method dictate your research question.
- The Case Study as a Research Method (University of Texas)
- A (Very) Brief Refresher on the Case Study Method
- Sociological Inquiry Principles: Qualitative and Quantitative Methods, 12.1 Focus Groups
- Guidelines for Conducting a Focus Group
- Methodology Brief: Introduction to Focus Groups