Post a brief self-introduction that includes the following information:
- Your role at your college, including your discipline, and how long you have been at your college.
- Your experience with OER. This will vary greatly, so don’t be shy about admitting that prior to this course you couldn’t even spell OER!
- WHY you are taking the course. Are you just dipping your toe into the OER waters or are you already swimming with the sharks?
- WHAT you hope to accomplish by the end of the course … and lastly
- A photograph that represents YOU. This doesn’t have to be a picture of yourself, but rather a photo that speaks 1,000 words about who you are. You should embed this photo into your post using the “Insert/Edit Image” icon in the tool bar. If you haven’t does this before – then it’s a great time to learn! (Don’t worry – I’ll help).
I ask that you RESPOND to your peers. There is no “requirement” for this, but let’s be honest …. not responding is like someone saying hello to you in the hallway and being greeted by a blank stare!