- Other than slides, list three types of visual aids that can be used in a presentation and give an example of each.
- What are the ways that visual aids can benefit a presentation? Harm a presentation?
- Describe the benefits of white space in design.
- Explain the different purposes and content of handouts as compared to slide shows.
- List and explain two considerations when using color in your slides.
- Discuss the pros and cons of having a large amount of text on a slide.
Using the data below, design 3 different types of charts/graphs to effectively display data from this table. Which is most effective and why?
City Median Home Cost Median Household Income Unemployment Rate
Asheville, North Carolina
Design 6 different slides that express the following “The USDA study indicated that in 2010, 17.2 million households in America had difficulty providing enough food due to a lack of resources.” (From http://www.fns.usda.gov/cga/pressreleases/2011/0391.htm)
Which slide most clearly gets your point across and why?
Identify as many problems as you can in the slide on the right. Then re-design the slide to more effectively communicate the message.