Note: The verbiage here is only meant to trigger the direction for each particular step of Monroe’s Sequence. You should not use this exact wording in your outline. Your content should simply cover each area shown here.
I. Attention Step
- The problem
- Here’s proof that this is a serious problem
- Here’s how this problem impacts your life, audience
- Some people say this isn’t really a problem.
- I say they’re wrong, and here’s why
- Here’s the solution to this problem:
- Here’s how the solution works:
- Here’s proof that this solution does work to solve the problem:
- Some say this kind of a solution won’t work.
- I say they’re wrong, and here’s why:
- Picture how much worse off we’ll be if we don’t move to use my solution
- Picture how much better the world will be once we put my solution into place
- Restate thesis:
- Call to action:
- Because if you don’t:
- But if you do
- Tie Down