What You’ll Learn To Do: Examine Early Christian art and understand how it fits into art history as a whole.
In Module 10 we will examine Early Christian art. We will look at how this art contributed to the larger development of Western art. It is imperative to understand Early Christian art in order to see how it impacted later artistic developments.
The learning activities for this module include:
- Review: Key Learning Items
Early Christian Art
- Read: Introduction to Early Christianity
- Read: Early Christian Art
- Read: After Constantine
- Read: Santa Maria Antiqua Sarcophagus
- Read: Santa Pudenziana
- Read: Sarcophagus of Junius Bassus (includes a video—4:26)
- Read: Santa Sabina
- Watch: Santa Maria Maggiore (4:37)
- Watch: Mausoleum of Galla Placidia (8:07)
- Review: External Resources
- Submit: Module 10 Quiz (5 points)