After successful completion of this module, you will be able to:
- Understand and apply the basic concepts and terminology of Art History as a discipline
- Investigate and apply the fundamental questions we ask when looking at an art object
- Discuss, collaborate, and generate understanding as to the meaning of works of art and architecture
Key Questions to Ask
While you are reviewing the content of this module, consider the following questions:
- What year was the artwork created?
- What is going on in history when the artwork was created?
- How should I look at art?
- How should I describe art?
- What is the special language that is used to describe art?
Key Vocabulary Terms
Here are links to art history glossaries that will help you better understand the above key vocabulary terms.