Objective: Describe the process by which solar energy can be stored in a glucose molecule.
Use this page to check your understanding of the content.
- Grana (sing: granum)
- Thylakoid space
- Pigment molecules
Study Guide Questions
- What is the structure of a chloroplast?
- What is the equation for photosynthesis?
- Where does photosynthesis take place? (Be complete in your answer. In other words, tell me ALL the specific places where photosynthetic events occur!)
- Understand the electromagnetic spectrum, and be able to explain why an object appears the color you SEE.
- What do you think would happen if you placed a plant in GREEN light ONLY? How would you design an experiment to test this?
- Describe each step in the process of photosynthesis. Connect your answer to the chemical equation describing photosynthesis.
- Clearly explain the connection between photosystem I and photosystem II. Compare and CONTRAST these photosystems.
- What occurs in the Calvin Cycle? How is the Calvin Cycle connected to events in Photosystems II and I?
- What is the evolutionary significance of photosynthesis?
- Where does the sugar come from that is used during cellular respiration?
- Where does the oxygen come from that is used during cellular respiration?