SUNY OER Courses
SUNY OER Services offers template courses that can serve as starting points for your own development. You can mix, match, and adapt anything from the courses below quite easily.
These courses are delivered via the Lumen Learning platform, and can be integrated into your LMS (Blackboard, Canvas, Moodle) quite easily.
- Lifetime Fitness and Wellness: Provides a study of fitness and wellness and their relationship to a healthy lifestyle. Defines fitness and wellness, evaluates the student’s level of fitness and wellness, and motivates the student to incorporate physical fitness and wellness into daily living.
- Disease Prevention and Healthy Lifestyles: This course covers different facets of personal health, including sexual, nutritional, physical, and emotional health. The course also discusses consumer health and substance abuse.
- Contemporary Health Issues: This course discusses basic health problems including physical, sexual, nutritional, mental, and emotional health.
Beyond what’s already hosted inside the SUNY OER Services platform, many OER collections contain useful material for Health and Nutrition courses. If you have suggestions of public domain or Creative Commons content to add here, please let us know.
|Health, Culture And Society||University Library System||Online medical journal; all new published articles are CC licensed, older articles may not be.||CC BY|
|Food and Nutrition Research||co-action publishing||Online journal||CC BY|
|Nutrition and Medicine||Tufts Open Courseware||Course Lectures and supplementary material||CC BY-NC-SA|
|National Institutes of Health||NIH||Government site||Public Domain|
|Centers for Disease Control and Prevention||CDC||Government site||Public Domain|
|Food and Nutrition||USDA||Government site||Public Domain|
|ChooseMyPlate||USDA||Government site||Public Domain|
If you’d like to utilize any of the above resources in your own classroom, you’re welcome to
- link directly to them in your learning management system (LMS)
- copy and paste these materials into any format you’d like (a page in your LMS or a Word document, etc.). Include the copyright information and attribute the source as needed
- print out materials and distribute them in your classroom. Include the copyright information and attribute the source as needed
- talk with SUNY OER Services about integrating them into your LMS
- talk with SUNY OER Services about collecting them in a bound, printed version to provide through your campus bookstore