SUNY OER Courses
SUNY OER Services offers template courses that can serve as starting points for your own development. You can mix, match, and adapt anything from the courses below quite easily.
These courses are delivered via the Lumen Learning platform, and can be integrated into your LMS (Blackboard, Canvas, Moodle) quite easily.
- Introduction to Psychology: mostly OpenStax, but supplemental material including interactives and videos.
- Lifespan Development: from the Washington State Open Course Library
- Educational Psychology: this course is from Educational Psychology, by Kelvin Seifert and Rosemary Sutton from The Global Textbook Project. Designed for future teachers.
- Developmental Psychology: curated by Herkimer College
- Organizational Behavior: curated by Herkimer College
- Abnormal Psychology: curated by Herkimer College
Beyond what’s already hosted inside the SUNY OER Services platform, many OER collections contain useful material for Psychology courses. If you have suggestions of public domain or Creative Commons content to add here, please let us know.
|Noba Psychology||The Noba Project||CC-BY-NC-SA||
|Introduction to Psychology||Boundless||CC-BY-SA||
|Psych 101: Introduction to Psychology||Saylor||varied||
|Psych 110: Introduction to Psychology||Yale||CC-BY-NC-SA||
|Intro to Psychology||MIT||CC-BY-NC-SA||
|Psych 406: Gender and Sexuality||Saylor||CC-BY||
|Educational Psychology||Kelvin Seifert and Rosemary Sutton||CC-BY||
|Adolescent Health and Development||JHSPH Open courseware||CC-BY-NC-SA||
|Social Intelligence||from Noba||CC-BY-NC-SA||
|Sociology 150: Social Psychology lectures||UC Berkeley: Robb Willer||CC-BY-NC-SA||
If you’d like to utilize any of the above resources in your own classroom, you’re welcome to
- link directly to them in your learning management system (LMS)
- copy and paste these materials into any format you’d like (a page in your LMS or a Word document, etc.). Include the copyright information and attribute the source as needed
- print out materials and distribute them in your classroom. Include the copyright information and attribute the source as needed
- talk with SUNY OER Services about integrating them into your LMS
- talk with SUNY OER Services about collecting them in a bound, printed version to provide through your campus bookstore