SUNY OER Courses
SUNY OER Services offers template courses that can serve as starting points for your own development. You can mix, match, and adapt anything from the courses below quite easily.
These courses are delivered via the Lumen Learning platform, and can be integrated into your LMS (Blackboard, Canvas, Moodle) quite easily.
Unfortunately, at this time, open resources for theater, film, and dance materials are fairly sparse. Watch here for updates as they become available.
- Exploring Movie Construction and Production: an Open SUNY Textbook
Beyond what’s already hosted inside the SUNY OER Services platform, many OER collections contain useful material for Arts and Music courses. If you have suggestions of public domain or Creative Commons content to add here, please let us know.
|Archive.org||Internet Archive||primarily Public Domain, but varies|
|Theater Q1||Mountain Heights Academy||varies by item||
|Theater Q2||Mountain Heights Academy||varies by item||
If you’d like to utilize any of the above resources in your own classroom, you’re welcome to
- link directly to them in your learning management system (LMS)
- copy and paste these materials into any format you’d like (a page in your LMS or a Word document, etc.). Include the copyright information and attribute the source as needed
- print out materials and distribute them in your classroom. Include the copyright information and attribute the source as needed
- talk with SUNY OER Services about integrating them into your LMS
- talk with SUNY OER Services about collecting them in a bound, printed version to provide through your campus bookstore