The following sample logical argument essays are annotated, with comments about specific essay characteristics.
- “From Lectures to Conversation: Redefining What’s ‘Fit to Print'”
- “Preserving Yellowstone’s Winter Wilderness”
- “Preserving Winter Access: Snowmobiles in Yellowstone National Park”
- “Slow Down and Eat Better”
- “Performance Enhancement through Biotechnology Has No Place in Sports”.
Here are some additional sample argument essays provided by Mesa Community College:
- “The Single Parent Struggle” by Chris Polito
- “Legalize It” by Lynn Streeter
- “Puerto Rico walks away from commonwealth” by Jonathan Elosegui
- “A Deadly Tradition” by Deserae Peck
- “Society Begins at Home” by Bonnie Fellhoelter
- “School Choice – An Unwise Option” by Mark Liles
- “School Choice – An Educational Custom Fit” by Mark Liles
All of these essays are interesting, student-written samples of thesis-support and logical argument essays. Note that while most of these samples contain research and use MLA format, some do not use the newest MLA conventions, which are in the MLA’s 8th edition of their citation guidelines.