The purpose of this assignment is for you to demonstrate your understanding of the concepts and issues presented in this course. Your case study should be based upon yourself, and may be factual, fictional, or some mix of the two. You are NOT required to disclose any personal or sensitive information.
A large collection of fictional case studies are available for your review as you prepare to write your personal clinical case study.
A case analysis consists of several components:
- background information
- psycho-social factors
- medical factors
- using the multi-axial DSM-IV classification system
- predisposing factors
- precipitating factors
- presenting symptoms
- treatment recommendations
(Here is a link to a sample case history: https://www.fmhs.auckland.ac.nz/assets/fmhs/som/psychmed/docs/writing_a_psychiatry_case_study.pdf)
Part 1: Write your self analysis
- minimum length: 2000 original words
- submit to the SafeAssign drop box on or before the final day of the Module 4 discussion forums
- This assignment is graded via the rubric below.
Part 2: Discuss the analyses
- Submit to the Self-analysis discussion forum on or before the start of Module 5
- Facilitate the discussion of your self-analysis
- Be an active participant in the discussion of at least 2 other students’ self-analyses
- Self-analysis dIscussions continue until the Module 5 discussion forums end.
- This forum is graded via the same discussion forum rubric used for the issue/topic discussions.
((Note: This assignment required a drop box and a “symposium” discussion forum.)