What you’ll learn to do: explain common product distribution strategies and how organizations use them
Distribution channels—which is “place” in the four Ps—cover all the activities needed to transfer the ownership of goods and move them from the point of production to the point of consumption. In this section you’ll learn more about distribution channels and some of the common strategies companies use to take advantage of them.
The specific things you’ll learn in this section include the following:
- List the characteristics and flows of a distribution channel
- Describe the channel partners that support distribution channels
- Explain the role of wholesale intermediaries
- Describe the different types of retailers businesses use to distribute products
- Differentiate between supply chains and distribution channels