Who is the leader in you?
Authentic leaders have high levels of self-awareness, and their behavior is driven by their core personal values. This leadership approach recognizes the importance of self-reflection and understanding one’s life history.
Complete a two-page summary of your leadership opportunity. First, create written answers to each question below. These responses will be submitted as background work, but do not need to be polished or revised. They are for your benefit.
Once you have completed the pre-work questions write a two-page summary that describes the leader that you hope to be, and the specific steps that you can take to fulfill your leadership potential.
Attach your preparation work in answering these questions to the summary.
- Understand Your History
- Review your life history. What are the major events in your life? How did these events make you the person you are right now?
- Think about your role models. Who were your role models as you were growing up? What did you learn from your role models?
- Take Stock of Who You Are Now
- Describe your personality. How does your personality affect your life?
- Know your strengths and weaknesses. What are they and how can you continue to improve yourself?
- Make Integrity a Priority
- Understand your core values. What are your core values? Name three of your most important values.