It’s a Small Ad After All …
The process of conceptualizing and then conveying a final product or service worldwide with the hopes of reaching the international marketing community. Proper global marketing has the ability to catapult a company to the next level, if they do it correctly. Different strategies are implemented based on the region the company is marketing to. For example, the menu at McDonald’s varies based on the location of the restaurant. The company focuses on marketing popular items within the country. Global marketing is especially important to companies that provide products or services that have a universal demand such as automobiles and food.
In order to complete this discussion board assignment, you will need to complete the following:
- Using the Internet, find an ONE example of “Global Marketing” that has been unsuccessful. Be sure to copy links to your articles or sources so that you can put them into your initial post. Your fellow classmates should have the opportunity to read up on your example!
- In your INITIAL POST you will:
- Provide a brief synopsis of the example that you selected. Be sure to include the company, market they were entering and why you considered it to be a failure.
- Why do you think the company took the approach it did in marketing to an international market?
- What did they NOT consider in marketing their product, good or service?
- What consequences did the company suffer as a result of this failed marketing effort?
- Respond to at least TWO of your classmates posts before the deadline.
Goal: Identify the various strategies of international business and the strategic ways to enter a foreign market.