What you’ll learn to do: explain how the unemployment rate is calculated
In this outcome, you’ll learn to calculate the unemployment rate and understand the complications in determining exactly who is unemployed.
The specific things you’ll learn in this section include:
- Critique the unemployment rate as a measure of the unemployment problem
The learning activities for this section include:
- Reading: Unemployment
- Reading: Calculating Unemployment
- Self Check: The Unemployment Rate
- Reading: Criticisms of Measuring Unemployment
- Reading: Difficulties Measuring Unemployment
- Self Check: Critiquing the Unemployment Rate
Take time to review and reflect on each of these activities in order to improve your performance on the assessment for this section.