Thank you for joining in the effort to use, expand, and share OER Chemistry materials! We hope the following resources and ideas will help you in your own efforts to adopt or adapt OER for your courses.
We invite you to share in the collaboration and wisdom-sharing of the OER community. Slack is a free, easy-to-use tool for communication and collaboration. It offers channels for group conversations on specific topics, including Science-Natural and Chemistry.
You can also send direct messages to individuals or groups. Use it from any computer or mobile device.
Lumen offers several template courses that can serve as starting points for your own development. You can mix, match, and adapt anything from the courses below quite easily.
- Chemistry for Non-Majors: This introductory text covers a broad scope of topics. It is intended for students who do not require depth of knowledge in Chemistry.
- Chemistry for Majors I and II (complete sequence)
- Chemistry I and II Labs are currently under development
Chemistry Homework Sets
These algorithmic homework sets align with the texts above.
- Chemistry I: To view a sample set of questions, sign in using the username guest. There is no password required.
- Chemistry I Labs are currently under development
- Chemistry II is currently under development
- Chemistry II Labs are currently under development
- Chemistry for Non-Majors is currently under development
This section provides support for faculty and course developers involved with the Achieving the Dream OER Degree Initiative.
Currently 19 institutions have included chemistry courses in their course plans.
Lumen is hosting Collaboration meetings to help bring faculty together as they work on developing their courses. The next meeting for Chemistry will be on Thursday, February 2 at 10:00 a.m. PT/1:00 p.m. ET. Meetings are hosted in Uber Conference. The meeting can be found at https://www.uberconference.com/vallerie, or you can call in at 1-503-994-6403. No PIN is needed to join the call.