The easiest way to adopt a Candela course in Blackboard is to follow directions from your institution or contact Lumen Support for help.
You can also adopt using Blackboard’s Course Copy process or create your own custom course export package following the directions below.
Adopt Using Course Copy
Step 1: Go to Course Copy
- Navigate to Control Panel > Packages and Utilities > Course Copy.
- Click Browse to open a window that displays all your courses.
- Search and browse to select the course into which you want to copy this course.
- Select All Course Materials or choose specific materials to copy from this course to your own course.
- Click Submit and wait to receive an email when the course copy is complete. The course copy process is not immediate, so don’t submit another course copy as then multiple versions of this course will be copied to your course.
Step 2: Go to Your Course
- Once you receive an email indicating the Course Copy process is complete, go to your course and to find the copied materials.
Adopt Using a Custom Course Export Package
Step 1: Create a Custom Course Export Package
- Navigate to Control Panel > Packages and Utilities > Export/Archive Course in this course.
- Click on the Export Package button on the left (not the Export Common Cartridge button on the right).
- Use the default File Attachment options for best results:
- Course Files Default Directory: Copy links and include copies of the files in the course default directory.
- Files Outside of the Course Default Directory: Copy only links to files stored outside of the course default directory.
- Select All Course Materials or choose specific materials to include in your custom package.
- Click Submit and wait to for your custom package to generate. The process will usually take a just a minute or two.
Step 2: Download Your Custom Course Package
- Once your custom course export package has been generated, download the package to your local computer. You do not need to expand or unzip the course export package.
Step 3: Import the Course Package to Your Own Course
- Once you have your custom course export package on your own computer, import that package into your own course, using Control Panel > Packages and Utilities > Import Package/View Logs.
- Learn how to import packages into your courses in this short screencast. Click the Pop-out icon in the upper right corner of the video to view a larger version.