Identify Proofreading Activities
Proofreading is the final dust-and-polish pass-through of your writing. Though it’s the last step of writing, it’s what will make the first impression people have of your work.
John Green, author of The Fault in Our Stars, walks through some of his favorite typos from history in the video below. Each of these fundamentally changed the way people read the works in question. Proofreading (or a lack thereof) can have lasting impact!
What You Will Learn to Do
- identify lower order concerns for revision
- identify strategies for improving sentence clarity
- identify strategies for recognizing potential grammatical issues in a draft
- identify strategies for recognizing potential spelling issues in a draft
- identify strategies for recognizing potential punctuation issues in a draft