Identify the Function of Other Parts of Speech, Including Conjunctions, Prepositions, and Articles
We’ve covered the majority of parts of speech: nouns, pronouns, verbs, adjectives, and adverbs. So, what’s left?
What remains are the little connecting word categories: conjunctions, prepositions, and articles. These small words may not seem as important as verbs, nouns, and adjectives, but they are the backbone of English: these are the words that give our language structure.
What You Will Learn to Do
- identify functions of conjunctions, and potential usage issues with them
- identify functions of prepositions, and potential usage issues with them
- identify functions of articles, and potential usage issues with them
The Learning Activities for This Outcome Include
- Text: Conjunctions
- Text: Prepositions
- Text: Articles
- Self Check: Other Parts of Speech
- Try It: Other Parts of Speech