- Work through your essay draft at least one more time, this time focusing on lower-order concerns. Follow the proofreading advice offered in this section.
- Consider all of the final touches:
- subject-verb agreement
- verb tense consistency
- end-of-sentence punctuation (periods, exclamation marks, question marks)
- internal punctuation (commas, colons, semicolons, apostrophes)
- capital letters
- page formatting
- Prepare the final draft of your essay, making the strongest version of your work possible. Work with your tutors at the Enhancement Center as needed to finalize the essay.