Reading Journal Component #2
You will apply all the stages of the academic reading process, using your chosen reading selection: previewing, active reading, summarizing, and reviewing.
For this Try It exercise, focus in on the “reviewing” stage of the reading process. (Remember, you’ll need to complete previewing, active reading, and summarizing first.)
- Select a review strategy. As a reminder, these include
- quiz yourself using your questions
- review a chapter map you made while previewing or actively reading
- expand the map
- create vocabulary cards
- recall the information in writing or out loud
- Show your work for reviewing. If you select a review activity which doesn’t involve writing, such as quizzing yourself or recalling the information aloud, summarize your strategy and its effects in a paragraph.