Reading Journal Component #4
- From your selected reading, identify 1 word which is new to you, or used in a way you’re unfamiliar with.
- Use at least 3 different resources to help you define this word. Options include:
- Google‘s dictionary (type “define:” in front of the word and hit search)
- online dictionaries like Merriam-Webster, Dictionary.com, or Wikictionary
- print dictionaries
- online thesauruses like Thesaurus.com
- print thesauruses
- the reference tools available from your school’s library website
- discussing the word with a tutor or an instructor
- Write a brief paragraph (2-4 sentences) that explains which of these provided the most useful definition to you, and why.
- Write a paraphrase of this word’s definition, using the reference tools as a guide.