What you’ll learn to do: create a marketing campaign and budget using multiple IMC tools to execute a marketing strategy
Marketing campaigns can be challenging to execute because they have so many complex, moving parts. That’s why it’s essential to plan. Planning a marketing campaign helps crystallize what you are going to accomplish and how it will happen. It helps you identify gaps in your thinking and fill them before it’s too late. Planning helps you stay on budget, and it helps ensure that you and your manager are on the same page about what is happening and who is involved.
In the world of marketing, planning is your friend.
The specific things you’ll learn in this section include:
- Identify key elements of an integrated marketing communications plan, including promotional mix, tactics, timing, ownership, measurement, resources and budget requirements
- Discuss how to create a budget for an integrated marketing communications plan
- Explain why it is important to consider potential risks to the business associated with an IMC plan
- Reading: Developing a Marketing Campaign and Budget
- Self Check: Developing a Marketing Campaign and Budget