The Principles of Marketing textbook contains fifteen modules—roughly one module per week for a 16-week semester. If you need to modify the pace and cover the material more quickly, the following modules work well together:
- Module 1: What Is Marketing? and Module 2: Marketing Function. Both are lighter, introductory modules.
- Module 14: Global Marketing and Module 15: Marketing Plan. Module 15 has more course review and synthesis information than new material per se.
- Module 5: Ethics can be combined with any module. You can also move it around without losing anything.
- Module 8: Positioning and Module 9: Branding. Companion modules that can be covered in a single week.
- Module 6: Marketing Information & Research and Module 7: Consumer Behavior. Companion modules that can be covered in a single week.
We recommend NOT doubling up the following modules, because they are long and especially challenging. Students will need more time for mastery and completion of assignments.
- Module 4: Marketing Strategy
- Module 10: Product Marketing
- Module 13: Promotion: Integrated Marketing Communication