In this assignment, you will create an infographic about an anxiety disorder covered in this module.
STEP 1: Read the OER Starter Kit (https://iastate.pressbooks.pub/oerstarterkit/back-matter/glossary/) and answer these basic questions (2-3 sentences per question maximum):
- What was the most surprising fact you learned about OER?
- What kind of OER presentation/material/resources would you like to see more of in academia?
- (1) Who (which audience (e.g., caregivers, siblings, doctors, nurses)) would you think would benefit from more OER resources and (2) why?
STEP 2: Using your knowledge from Part I, you will create a one-page infographic/flyer about an anxiety disorder. The materials that you use for the one-page infographic must consist entirely of openly licensed materials, either authored by you, already licensed as CC-BY or CC-BY-SA, or in the public domain. You’ll turn in both your completed infographic and responses to these questions (including those answered above):
4. What is the name of the anxiety disorder featured in your presentation?
5. Who is the target audience for your infographic?
6. How do you propose this infographic will benefit your audience?
7. What OER Material (openly licensed materials, either authored by you, already licensed as CC-BY or CC-BY-SA, or in the public domain) do you use (e.g., video, auditory, pictures, etc) in your presentation?
8. Include a list of references using APA style (7th edition), citations, and references. Note that OER attributions are generally cited similarly to other citations (the critical information is the author, title, source, and license) but they also include the licensing information at the end, as shown here.
(b) Using the software of your choice please build a one-page infographic and upload your submission. You can use any type of program you’d like, but some good options include Microsoft Word, Google Docs, Canva, Infogram, LucidPress, Flipsnack, or Easelly.
STEP 3: Share your responses and your infographic/flyer with your classmates in the discussion forum. Comment on at least one classmate’s post.
|APA Formatting (APA 7th edition)||Completed correctly formatted APA in-text citations and references. All in-text citations had matching references.||Attempted, but did not use correct APA formatting. In-text Citations and references included information to track where the student got information and to confirm the student had matching in-text and references||Attempted, but did not use correct APA formatting. In-text Citations and references were missing significant information or did not match.||__/3|
|Quality of Content||Student answered all questions in full – both identified and described the anxiety disorder. In addition, the student gave examples to support their answer||Student answered all questions in full – both identified and described the anxiety disorder.||Student answered all questions partially. The student identified but did not describe the anxiety disorder.||__/6|
|Content Sources||The student used open sources as defined in the assignment. The student also used relevant material with both specific examples (e.g., primary and secondary) to demonstrate their understanding.||The student used open sources as defined in the assignment. The student also used relevant material (e.g., secondary and primary sources) but did not include examples or data to demonstrate their understanding||The student did not use open sources as defined in the assignment.
The student used relevant material from only secondary sources and did not include examples or data to demonstrate their understanding
|Infographic design||The infographic is visually appealing and includes at least two images and accompanying text about the anxiety disorder.||The infographic includes at least two images and accompanying text about the anxiety disorder.||The design is not visually appealing or does not include at least two images and text about the disorder.||__/5|