This assignment can be found in Google Docs: Business Communication Skills for Managers Assignment: Edit a Newsletter
To make your own copy to edit:
- If you want a Google Doc: in the file menu of the open document, click “Make a copy.” This will give you your own Google Doc to work from.
- If you want a PDF or Word file: in the file menu of the open document, click “Download” and select the file type you would like to have (note: depending on the file type you select, the formatting could get jumbled).
For this assignment, you will format a newsletter. Follow the directions, then submit your assignment. If you get stuck on a step, review this module and ask your classmates for help in the discussion forum.
- Download the newsletter template to the Rowan folder on your desktop.
- Open the template in Word by either double-clicking the downloaded template in File Explorer or opening it in Word by going to File>Open>Browse and then selecting the downloaded template.
- Save the file to the Rowan folder on your desktop as BA132_LastName_Newsletter.docx, replacing “LastName” with your own last name. (Example: BA132_Hywater_Newsletter) If you opened the template through Word, remember to select Save As and change the file extension to .docx. It is a good idea to save your work periodically.
- Change the “RowanGo App Lets Customers Shop Anywhere” and “Employee of the Month: Shanice Jones” articles to two columns.
- Add the word Ricet to your dictionary.
- Use Find and Replace to change every “Rowango” to “RowanGo”.
- Add the word RowanGo to your dictionary.
- Add a right tab stop to the sales in the “Splash into Summer with Sales!” text box. Right-align the dates of the sales to 7 inches.
- Add a hyperlink to any word in the newsletter that directs you back to this page. (Copy the URL at the top of your browser.)
- Apply at least one text effect (out of Outline, Shadow, Reflection, or Glow) to the words “Rowan Retail” at the top of the newsletter. Be sure the words are still readable in the text box.
- Save your work again and submit your work in your course online.