This assignment can be found in Google Docs: Business Communication Skills for Managers Assignment: Empty the Recycle Bin
To make your own copy to edit:
- If you want a Google Doc: in the file menu of the open document, click “Make a copy.” This will give you your own Google Doc to work from.
- If you want a PDF or Word file: in the file menu of the open document, click “Download” and select the file type you would like to have (note: depending on the file type you select, the formatting could get jumbled).
For this assignment, you will empty your Recycle Bin. Follow the directions, then submit your assignment. If you get stuck on a step, review this module and ask your classmates for help in the discussion forum.
If you have a Mac, substitute “Trash” for “Recycle Bin” in the instructions (except for naming your screenshot).
- Open the Recycle Bin (or equivalent) by double-clicking the icon on the desktop (or using any other method discussed in the Deleting Files section of Organizing Files and Folders).
- Check the Recycle Bin to see if there are any files you wish to keep. If so, restore those files.
- Empty the Recycle Bin using the methods discussed in Organizing Files and Folders.
- Open the Snipping tool by using one of the methods discussed in the Snips and Screenshots page.
- Take a rectangular or a window snip of the Recycle Bin window.
- Save the snip as BA132_LastName_RecycleBin.png, replacing “LastName” with your own last name. (Example: BA132_Hywater_RecycleBin.png)
- Submit your image in your course online.