We have learned a variety of tips you can use to create visually appealing tables in Excel, including applying table and cell styles and changing the size of rows and columns.
Another helpful Excel tool is the ability to merge and center cells and to wrap text within a cell.
- Select the cells you wish to merge into one larger cell.
- Click “Merge & Center” from the “Alignment” group of the ribbon.
- When you type in this merged cell, the text will automatically be centered left to right in the cell.
- In what situations would this feature be useful?
- Would you ever use this feature? Why or why not?
Share your opinions below and respond to two of your classmates’ thoughts.