Why learn how to use computers?
Almost every job in management uses computers in some capacity. Your ability to effectively use computers in day-to-day tasks can be the difference between getting work done on time or being overwhelmed with your workload. Computers help make management tasks more efficient. You may have to invest a little time up front to learn the skills, but once you gain some computer literacy you will find many tasks much easier and faster to accomplish.
Here are just a few of the tasks in business management that use computers and the programs we will cover in this course:
- keeping track of inventory
- organizing and accessing databases of customer information
- managing budgets
- writing internal communication to other employees
- designing presentations to shareholders, coworkers, or bosses
- representing the company in communication to customers
- coordinating multiple people’s schedules
- searching the internet for useful information
In order to accomplish these tasks, you will first need to develop a foundation in basic computer literacy.