The assignments in this course are openly licensed, and are available as-is, or can be modified to suit your students’ needs. Answer keys are available to faculty who adopt Lumen Learning courses with paid support. This approach helps us protect the academic integrity of these materials by ensuring they are shared only with authorized and institution-affiliated faculty and staff.
If you import this course into your learning management system (Blackboard, Canvas, etc.), the assignments will automatically be loaded into the assignment tool.
You can view them below or throughout the course.
- Module 0: Personal Accounting—Assignment: Creating a Budget
- Module 1: The Role of Accounting in Business—Assignment: Lopez Consulting
- Module 2: Accounting Principles—Assignment: Accounting Principles
- Module 3: Recording Business Transactions—Assignment: Recording Business Transactions
- Module 4: Completing the Accounting Cycle—Assignment: Completing the Accounting Cycle
- Module 5: Accounting for Cash—Assignment: Accounting for Cash
- Module 6: Receivables and Revenue—Assignment: Manilow Aging Analysis
- Module 7: Merchandising Operations—Assignment: Merchandising Operations
- Module 8: Inventory Valuation Methods—Assignment: Inventory Valuation Methods
- Module 9: Property, Plant, and Equipment—Assignment: Property, Plant, and Equipment
- Module 10: Other Assets—Assignment: Other Current and Noncurrent Assets
- Module 11: Current Liabilities—Assignment: Calculating Payroll at Kipley Co
- Module 12: Non-Current Liabilities—Assignment: Non-Current Liabilities
- Module 13: Accounting for Corporations—Assignment: Collins Mfg Stockholders’ Equity
- Module 14: Statement of Cash Flows—Assignment: Kachina Sports Company Cash Flows
- Module 15: Financial Statement Analysis—Assignment: Coca Cola FSA
The following discussion assignments will also be preloaded (into the discussion-board tool) in your learning management system if you import the course. They can be used as is, modified, or removed. You can view them below or throughout the course.
- Module 0: Personal Accounting—Discussion: Winning the Lottery
- Module 1: The Role of Accounting in Business—Discussion: The Crafty Coffee Crook
- Module 2: Accounting Principles—Discussion: SoftSheets
- Module 3: Recording Business Transactions—Discussion: Baker’s Breakfast Bars
- Module 4: Completing the Accounting Cycle—Discussion: Closing the Books in QuickBooks
- Module 5: Accounting for Cash—Discussion: Counter Culture Cafe
- Module 6: Receivables and Revenue—Discussion: Maximizing Revenue
- Module 7: Merchandising Operations—Discussion: Inventory Controls
- Module 8: Inventory Valuation Methods—Discussion: LIFO, FIFO, Specific Identification, and Weighted Average
- Module 9: Property, Plant, and Equipment—Discussion: Cooking the Books
- Module 10: Other Assets—Discussion: Other Assets
- Module 11: Current Liabilities—Discussion: Current Liabilities
- Module 12: Non-Current Liabilities—Discussion: Off-Balance Sheet Financing
- Module 13: Accounting for Corporations—Discussion: Home Depot
- Module 14: Statement of Cash Flows—Discussion: Facebook, Inc.
- Module 15: Financial Statement Analysis—Discussion: Financial Statement Analysis
Alternative Excel-Based Assignments
For Modules 3–15, additional excel-based assignments are available below.
Module 3: Recording Business Transactions
Module 4: The Accounting Cycle
- Module 4 Excel Assignment A
- Module 4 Excel Assignment B
- Module 4 Excel Assignment C
- Module 4 Excel Assignment D
Module 5: Accounting for Cash
Module 6: Receivables and Revenue
Module 7: Merchandising Operations
Module 8: Inventory Valuation Methods
Module 9: Property, Plant, and Equipment
Module 10: Other Assets
Module 11: Current Liabilities
Module 12: Non-Current Liabilities
Module 13: Accounting for Corporations
Module 14: Statement of Cash Flows
Module 15: Financial Statement Analysis
There are also three unit review assignments and a final review. These reviews include a document which sets up the problems and an excel worksheet.