This discussion can be found in Google Docs: Macroeconomics Discussion: How is the Economy?
To make your own copy to edit:
- If you want a Google Doc: in the file menu of the open document, click “Make a copy.” This will give you your own Google Doc to work from.
- If you want a PDF or Word file: in the file menu of the open document, click “Download” and select the file type you would like to have (note: depending on the file type you select, the formatting could get jumbled).
- Instructions for faculty to paste the content into their LMS are located in the course resource pages.
Respond to the following prompts in a post with a minimum of 250 words, then comment on at least TWO other posts. Respond to the posts indicating your agreement or disagreement with their position and why. Feel free to bring in additional references to these reply posts.
- How has the U.S. economy been doing in recent years? Why do you think that is? Gather relevant economic statistics, such as the growth rate of real GDP, the unemployment rate, and the inflation rate, to support your case. (Hint: use the information we’ve covered and you’ve researched in the data project about GDP, business cycles, unemployment, and inflation to build your argument).
- Did any of the data from the project surprise you? Which data? Why? Does this data indicate a growing, stagnant or declining economy? What does this data tell you about the health of our economy? Why?
- Find a current news or journal article that describes our current economy and that supports your opinion. Summarize the article and indicate how it supports your opinion. Use sound economic reasoning.