This discussion can be found in Google Docs: Macroeconomics Discussion: Supply and Demand
To make your own copy to edit:
- If you want a Google Doc: in the file menu of the open document, click “Make a copy.” This will give you your own Google Doc to work from.
- If you want a PDF or Word file: in the file menu of the open document, click “Download” and select the file type you would like to have (note: depending on the file type you select, the formatting could get jumbled).
- Instructions for faculty to paste the content into their LMS are located in the course resource pages.
Respond to the following prompts in a post with a minimum of 250 words, then comment on at least TWO other posts.
- Think of a relevant example in your own life of how a change in the market (including information, preferences, technology, price of alternative goods, regulations, taxes, etc.) has shifted either the supply or demand of a good. How did this change affect the market equilibrium for that good or service? Explain.
- Next, find a relatively recent news article (within the past year) to support your finding (the news search feature in Google is helpful with this). If you cannot find an article specific to your example, you may find an article about another similar good or service. Summarize the article and its findings, then include the URL in your discussion post.