Now that you’ve helped Tom with the basics, it’s time to do some planning. You’ve decided to start with the department that is responsible for operations to produce the surfboards. Remember, planning is new to the organization, so you have the opportunity to develop and use planning methods and tools of your choice. Your written assignment will describe the planning cycle and planning methods and tools you will implement in your operation. The following steps will help you prepare for your written assignment:
- Carefully consider the cycles of planning you will likely encounter, relating them to Sun City Boards.
- Carefully consider the planning methods and tools you would like to use and implement, assuring the methods and tools will align operations with Tom Wilson’s stated vision and mission.
Write a three-paragraph essay describing your chosen methods and tools, and why you selected them. Your essay must include three properly referenced and defined terms from the module reading. For example, if you select SMART Goals, you could include the definitions of each letter. Answer and address the following questions:
- What do you anticipate the planning cycle(s) to involve?
- What might interrupt and cause the planning cycle to repeat?
- How will your selected method assure successful achievement of the operation’s goals, and alignment with the company mission?
- How will you use the planning tools you’ve selected?
In addition to the text, you are encouraged to research your topic using reliable and properly cited Internet resources. You may also draw from your personal work experience with appropriate examples to support your selections.