For this assignment, your task will be to interview somebody who is currently working in the retail industry. You might also choose somebody who has retired from the retail field. You can meet them in person or you might want to set up a time to talk on the phone. If it’s impossible to meet at the same time, you can email them these questions.
Ask at least four of the questions below:
- What is an average day like in your position?
- What are some of your primary functions?
- What are the benefits and drawbacks to working in retail?
- What is your role in the supply chain?
- How long have you been working in retail? Have you experienced/witnessed any major changes in retail during your career?
- What career opportunities in retail do you see for someone interested in retail
- What advice do you have for someone who wants to be a manager?
For each discussion forum, students need to create an initial post, then look over the discussion posts of your other classmates and give at least two (2) thoughtful responses to two (2) different classmates (one per classmate), totaling a minimum of three (3) posts for forum, including your initial post.
You need to write more than just a few words like: “I agree” or “Sounds good” or “Well said.” You must write several sentences that are thoughtful and suitable for a proper discussion. It is also fitting to ask questions or politely challenge your classmates if you like. When in doubt, just remember: this is a “discussion,” not a series of opinion blogs.
Your participation in this discussion will be graded using the following rubric. Please review and keep it in mind as you prepare your assignment.
|Submit initial response||0 pts
Response does not fully address the prompt
Response thoughtfully addresses the prompt and invites response from peers.
|Respond to at least two peers||0 pts
No response to peers
Responded to only one peer
Responded to at least two peers