Assignment: Class Preparation
- Calculate typical ratios of in-class to out-of-class work per credit hour
- Refer to your class schedule, work schedule, and any other documents you have that indicate the day and time of your weekly obligations.
- Using a 1:2 or 1:3 in-class–to–out-of-class-study ratio, determine how many hours per week you need to study for each class, given your current course schedule.
- Create a weekly schedule in a digital document. You can use Word, Microsoft Excel, Google Sheets, or any other format you prefer.
- Be sure to include at least class sessions, homework and study time, and leisure time in your schedule.
- When you are finished, write a paragraph summarizing how you created your class schedule and why you think it will be effective.