The Human Resources Management textbook contains seventeen modules—roughly one module per week for a sixteen-week semester. If you need to modify the pace and cover the material more quickly, the following modules work well together:
- Module 1: The Role of Human Resources and Module 2: Human Resource Strategy and Planning
- Module 6: Recruitment and Selection and Module 7: Onboarding, Training, and Developing Employees
- Module 9: Performance Management and Appraisal and Module 10: Building Positive Employee Relations
- Module 11: Employee Termination and Module 12: Employee Rights and Responsibilities
- Module 13: Union–Management Relations and Module 14: Safety, Health, and Risk Management
Module 8: Compensation & Benefits and Module 15: Corporate Social Responsibility can also be combined with other modules as necessary.
We recommend NOT doubling up the following modules, because they are long and especially challenging. Students will need more time for mastery and completion of assignments.
- Module 4: Diversity in the Workplace
The following modules may be considered optional, depending on your course requirements:
- Module 16: Managing Global Human Resources
- Module 17: Managing Human Resources in Small and Entrepreneurial Businesses