The Baldrige Program is the nation’s public-private partnership dedicated to performance excellence. The Baldrige Program
- Raises awareness about the importance of performance excellence in driving the U.S. and global economy.
- Provides organizational assessment tools and criteria.
- Educates leaders in businesses, schools, health care organizations, and government and nonprofit agencies about the practices of best-in-class organizations.
- Recognizes national role models and honors them with the only Presidential Award for performance excellence.
- Go to the Baldridge Award Web site (http://www.baldrigepe.org/) and look through the list of award recipients.
- Select a recipient. The recipient you choose can be from any industry, any year—whatever interests you.
- Read the recipient’s profile and application summary. Visit the organization’s Web site, if possible, and learn as much about their operations and mission as possible.
- Your written submission should include the following:
- The winner’s name, industry, and year they received the award.
- Some of the key the factors you believe contributed to their winning this prestigious award.
- What other businesses in the same industry could learn from the winner.
- How you believe this award differs from awards given based purely on consumer-opinion surveys and customer. satisfaction ratings (i.e., JD Powers, Consumer Reports, Good Housekeeping).
- Whether or not your opinion of a company would be affected if it won the Baldridge award.