Go to http://garyfisk.com/anim/lecture_stm.swf Do the demonstration.
- How many digits were you able to remember without messing up at all?
- How many digits did you remember out of the last sequence?
Go to http://human-factors.arc.nasa.gov/cognition/tutorials/index.html Do the recognition test.
- How many tries did it take you to find the right thing on the recognition test?
- Take the “Human Memory” Test. How many words could you remember from the first list? The second?
- Play “Interference.” How many numbers could you remember on the third try with the extra number interference? Which was your favorite? What did you do the best on?
- What do you learn about your own memory from these games?
Go to the Faces Memory Challenge found here: http://experiments.wustl.edu/
- How did you do?
- Is it easier for you to remember faces or numbers? Why?
Go to http://www.exploratorium.edu/memory/dont_forget/index.html. Play the memory solitaire game. Then play game #2: Tell Yourself a Story.
- Did your memory improve the second time? Why or why not?