What You’ll Learn To Do: Understand the artistic period known as the Proto-Renaissance and its impact on art history.
In Module 2 we will delve into the beginning of the Renaissance. We will cover what is known as the Proto-Renaissance. It is imperative to understand these early beginnings of the Renaissance in order to see how art evolves in later centuries.
The learning activities for this module include:
- Review: Key Learning Items
- Watch: Cimabue (7:29)
- Read: Giotto’s Arena Chapel (includes four videos: 4:56, 10:13, 5:41, and 6:22)
- Watch: Ognissanti Madonna (4:04)
- Read: Duccio, Maesta (includes two videos: 6:23 and 4:09)
- Watch: Lorenzetti’s Palazzo Pubblico Frescos (10:17)
- Watch: Simone Martini’s Annunciation (4:33)
- Review: External Resources
- Submit: Module 2 Quiz (5 points)