After successful completion of this module, you will be able to:
- Understand and apply the concepts and terminology of Rococo and Neoclassical art
- Investigate and apply the fundamental questions we ask when looking at art objects from this movement
- Discuss, collaborate, and generate understanding as to the meaning of Rococo and Neoclassical art
- Assess and evaluate the impact of Rococo and Neoclassical art on the continued evolution of Western art
Key Questions to Ask
While you are reviewing the content of this module, consider the following questions:
- What are the key characteristics of the Rococo?
- How did Neoclassicism develop?
- What are some of the key characteristics of Neoclassical art?
Key Vocabulary Terms
- Grand Manner
- history painting
Here are links to art history glossaries that will help you better understand the above key vocabulary terms.